Monday 22 November 2010

Could you do it......????

Hello!!
Well please excuse my rather longer than anticipated absence, its that time of year again where personal orders take over and along with a few personal issues...getting to the computer for some blog therapy hasn't been easy!
Thanks to you all for your comments and well wished for the safety of my Mother in Law, she has been evacuated from the Church they were originally sent to as there was more rainfall and storms, some of the pics we got sent were unbelievable. Just want to get her back here but in all honesty she doesn't want to leave her home behind x x

Well while I'm awaiting some news that may affect my new year I want to tell you all about my Friend...Talyena.

She has decided to donate her virtually waist long hair to a charity called The Little Princess Trust which is a charity that  provides real hair wigs to children suffering hair loss due to cancer treatment.

Here is a Beautiful picture of her with her hair Straightened....when I combed it it fell all the way to her waist......

she is doing such a selfless thing and I couldn't do it personally, its such a huge sacrifice and yes Hair does grow but it took the best part of 15 years to get this long!
The official head shaving will be taking place in front of a crowd in the Mall in Luton Next Saturday 27th November at 1.00 pm, so if you are close then please feel free to come down to give her some moral support x x
This is her Page if you would like to donate a couple of pounds...every penny counts x
Thanks for your support and for reading, will be back soon x x
Annie x

5 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

What a wonderful thing to do! My distant cousin did the same thing - can't remember what charity it was for -and he shaved off his beard too! But I guess it must be a tiny bit easier for men as it accepted to be a bald-headed man; I think it can look beautiful on both sexes. But, oh my, I think she's ever so brave!
So pleased to hear the news on the MIL, but the situation must still be very distressing for all concerned.
Sending you big hugs,
Z xx

Unknown said...

Glad to hear news of your mum-in-law!

Re the hair - an amazing thing to do! How generous she is xxx

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

What a wonderful generous thing to do x

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

I love your blog and am passing you the One Lovely Blog Award. The picture is on my blog for you to collect x

Recycled Rita said...

My daughter did this when she was 14. I was so proud of her....she just decided she wanted to do it so she looked up a charity and we cut it off and she mailed it...Her hair is back to the same length and beautiful (she is 16 now)!
Happy Holidays! karen...