Thursday 10 December 2009

Decs are up!!!


Hello!
Well Thought I'd better do my show and tell christmas decoration post!!
We put up our Decs over the weekend just gone and had some friends over, watched Miracle on 34th St while crawling under the Narnia tree to decorate the back too...this is where Santas little 5 yr old helpers ( Aidy and his Friend Aisha) came in handy!!!
Growing up we always had fun picking a real tree out every year which 9 times out of 10 ended up with my Lil Sis having a tree fall on her!!! Good times!


When we lived in our flat I fell in love with an artificial tree which was a 7 footer!! I bought it with the viewpoint that we would have a house the next year we opened it...Needless to say it went up for 2 years in our flat before it found its way to our house. When it was in our flat I would have to leave the back branches off and take the bottom layer off too so that we could fit any pressies under it!!
So now this the 3rd Christmas in our Century old little house and my Tree is allowed all its bottom branches on and thanks to our lovely high ceilings we can put him on a little footstool and still have rooom for the star so that Aidy's santa train track can make its way around the bottom...until the noise drives me crazy that is!
So OK heres the pics..
BEFORE

LIGHTS ON.....

AFTER

LIGHTS OFF AROUND THE HOUSE...




AND OF COURSE A BIRDCAGE!!!

THE FRONT OF OUR LITTLE VICTORIAN HOUSE



I hope you've enjoyed putting your decs up! Can't wait to see all of your finished pretty houses too!
It does the make the sitting room a lot more cosy and enjoyable to sit in...Havn't done that in a while actually...going to enjoy it!!
Hugs to all
Annie x

20 comments:

stefanie said...

Ta-dah, gorgeous!!!

Natalie said...

You nutter! You really love Christmas, poor Laura with the tree falling on her when she was little!! Lol!

The tree, house and decorations look great hun! You will get me into the Christmas spirit!!

Let's see if the neighbours start to compete with you!!

Lululiz said...

Beautiful decorations, thats a fabulous tree!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Oh and don't they look fabulous!!!

Victoria xxxx

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Wow your place looks fab! Awww I LOVE to watch 34th Street, too! Ho Ho Ho! Have a jolly weekend! :D Xx

Love the Decor! said...

Beautiful!!

Have a blessed weekend!

Coco Rose Diaries said...

Oooh I LOVE your house and the way it is decorated! Puts me and mine to shame! Laughing! xxx

Annie said...

Love your tree it looks great.I have only just got mine up and haven't had a chance to do the rest of the decorations yet. The front of your house looks very festive and inviting. I finally got your gorgeous christmas blocks. I was so excited when I unwrapped them. Unfortunately because of work I haven't been able to go and collect them from the post office and I knew they were just sitting there waiting for me. Definitely worth the wait though !
Ann x

Paddywack Designs said...

It looks fantastic!

Kelly said...

Wow! Looks fantastic, I love them! xxxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Looks gorgeous!!

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the front window with the lights. Beautiful tree, too.

Kathleen

Heather said...

your home is so pretty! Great job, Merry Christmas!

Angie Holden said...

Beautiful! Love your birdcages!

Jodi Nelson said...

A beautiful tree!

Jan said...

love all the lights and the Birdcage!!

Anonymous said...

Your tree is fabulous. Your story about the 7ft tree in a flat made me laugh. I'm the opposite, bought the fat 6ft tree for a previous home and now its too big for my current home but I love it anyway.

Kati said...

I love the layout of your blog! The little bird cages are adorable!

~Kati
http://katislittlecorner.blogspot.com/

Charity said...

Love your decorations, your home is lovely. GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Hi! My name is erica. Would you be my friend? said...

Everything looks lovely! I envy your tall ceilings...oh I do! Those ornaments are so beautiful...