Tuesday 22 December 2009

Swap goodies & Thrifty finds!!!



Hello!
Well I'm still not even close to finished yet! There's still presents to be wrapped, food to be bought and pressies to be swapped!
But I thought I would show you my Christmas gifts that  have been sent to me, some that I thrifted and some I have outright just bought for myself!!
Firstly Yes that Is a Beautiful Laura Ashley Birdcage in the picture above...The most generous Secret Santa sent it to me....as if that wasn't enough...look at what was hidden inside...


The most Gorgeous goodies all Butterfly themed!
Thankyou SO SO MUCH..Kelly...you are naughty for sending me goodies over the Limit..but It made my Day I tell you..Christmas came early for me!!!

I unfortunatly didnt take pics of the goodies I sent to Karen but she was enquiring after buying some blocks from me and I had already made some for her to send in the swap as she had entered my giveaway a few times..so I had to pull a sneaky and tell her I was waiting on a delivery of them!! TEEHEEE!! I put a few little vintage crafty bits in also and some chandelier crystals too.

So Onto the  Thrifted treasures...I took my friend to My secret Aladdins cave of treasures and we found some Bargains! She got a Fab heavy Jade green Colander for 10p! a 60's style magazine rack for 75p and sewing treasures in a gorgeous old tin for 50p!!
....I bought 2 of these handmade Cushions with zips for wait for it...50p each!! They were in fab condition and when I took them off the cushion I found ..



these inside..Hand crocheted slip covers! they were in a dusky shell pink and GORGEOUS!

I then found this old box whilst rummaging and happened to peek in and saw that it was full of buttons and bits and bobs! here are just some of them....

When asking how much they were they told us er you can have the lot for a pound! £1.00 Yep you read it right!! After sorting through we found some real pretty ones too including some mother of pearl pretties!

I also decided to bag myself a bargain from Ebay..this gorgeous Fair isle Cardigan was under a Tenner!!! Its brand new with tags too and arrived within 2 days with NO postage to pay!!!


ITS TOO COMFY!!!!!
So that my treasures...Come visit with me tomorrow and I'll take you on a a day out to London at Christmas Time! Until then..BYEEE XXXXX

6 comments:

Lululiz said...

Your thrifted treasures are fantastic! Where on earth did you find such bargains? Where is that Secret Aladdin's Cave of Treasures, lolol? Sigh, too far for me, thats for sure. Just look at all those buttons, sigh.
Naughty naughty Kelly, eh, disobeying the rules so blatantly, lolol, but that birdcage is gorgeous.
Have a wonderful Christmas. xx LLL

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

Fab cardi!
Annie; thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog this year. I hope you, your guy and Aiden have a wonderful Christmas!
Love Lucy. Xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Kelly is always so generous with her swaps but I have to say that birdcage was just so perfect for you.

Your eBay bargain looks fabulous and perfect for these snowy cosy evenings.

I hope you manage to get everything done, I still have cards to write and presents to wrap but today after lunch with a friend I decided to spring clean my bedroom instead!!!

Victoria xxx

Kati said...

Love the buttons! I collect buttons and it looks like you found some treasures. also love the birdcage.

http://katislittlecorner.blogspot.com/

Pomona said...

Have a very happy Christmas!

Pomona x

Kelly said...

Being naughty doesn't cound if its makes people happy!!!
Glad you like the gift hunny!!
I thought they were perfect for you xx

Loving that cardie I want one!!!!!