Wednesday 19 August 2009

MY FIRST BLOG AWARD!!!


HELLO!!! I am so very touched to receive my first ever Blog award, kindly given by Ann from Vintage at the Corner house.
So firstly, In true Hollywood style...I'm first going to blub like a baby ( natch!) and then take this opportunity to say a HUGE Thank you to everyone that takes the time to read my random thoughts! This means all of you from Facebook that click on my link every week..(I do notice!!) And also everyone in blog land who have made me feel so welcome and followed or visited to read..it really makes me feel very lucky and special.

SO now I have to list my 5 current obsessions and award some other fantastic bloggers also...

1) Birdcages
Of course!! Hence the name of the blog and my birdcage obsession post!!
I can't get enough of them! Don't ask me why cause I really have No idea!!

2)Treasure Hunting
I mean the kind of treasure you find in Charity shops or car boot sales! I get such a kick out of finding those little pretties for pennies!

3) Growing things!
I have only now learnt how to actually put a plant in the ground!! I have grown my first crop of veggies this year and love using my homegrown herbs in my cooking!!

4)Autumn
I LOVE AUTUMN! Could be cause I was born in September? But I have always loved the colours and climates of this season, it also means that Christmas..( another obsession of mine is just around the corner!) at the moment all I am doing is making my place cosy with Blankets and cushions awaiting arrival of the season

5) 'Zoning' out
I go through phases of needing to take some time out now and again due to my hectic work schedule and being a full time mummy, so when I need to escape I have recently been listening to my MP3 player, which consists of so many different types of music, from R&B to Norah Jones
I also love to read home magazines and also love reading books which I haven't actually had the chance to do for a while but have ordered a couple of books so looking forward to that!!

I pass this award onto some blogs I really enjoy reading ( 2 of my faves has already received this award, Laura from My vintage party and Ann who nominated me!!)

so here goes..drum roll..

Florence & Mary
Country In The Town
Treasure Happy
Pretty Vintage
At Home with Mel Mel

I could on forever as I really do Enjoy reading your blogs too! Actually why wasn't that one of my Obsessions?? DOH!!

Thanks again Ann, You have made my day xxxx
Annie x

7 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Awww thanks Annie, you're a star! I love reading your blog too :)

Mel xxx

MelMel said...

Thank you so much!
YAY!

I'll do it a moro!xxx

Natalie Vaughan said...

Thats quite cool Annie! Your first award and speech. (thank god not in Halle Berry or Gwyneth Paltrow style!!)

Your blog is very good, and i'm not even into all this kinda stuff, but support you 100% as you are soooo creative!!

Well done hun xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Thank you so much! I'm so behind on my awards and tags I will post on this asap!

Victoria xx

charl said...

yay..well done and thank you for passing it to me!!!..

Dolly said...

Thanks annie - I have just posted about it. Yay, I feel like i'm really 'in the club' now ;)

Birdcages said...

Aww, congratulations!